Ask Google

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Girls Wanna Have Fun at Tunnel

I went out to the Tunnel Nightclub for some photography on Saturday to meet my friend DJ Mikxter from Independent Vancouver who happened to be DJ'ing that night.  It also just happened to be a ladies night, who knew.


See the full set at my Flickr!
Depends on how I feel like, I may also upload the video.  Sometime.  Maybe this week.  Ha!


For my kit I brought a Canon 7D with a Sigma 30mm 1.4 lens and Canon 580exII.  This is my preferred lens for working in indoor low light conditions.  If I wasn't doing video, then a short wide zoom like a 17-50mm Tamron VC (or some other f/2.8 wide zoom equivalent, like the more expensive Canon 17-55) would be ideal because I would be using flash for the still shots.

But using a fast prime lets me take good low light videos without using onboard lights.  It definitely gives a different look.  Also a fast prime lets me take artistic low light photos without flash (i.e this shot).

I would be very hesitant about trying to swap lens in a night club setting, so if you bring a prime, you're stuck with that focal length though.  A short fast zoom lets you have versatility to recompose at will.  There were definitely times when I felt I needed to go wider.



No comments:

Post a Comment