Ask Google

Friday, November 26, 2010

Preview from a Photoshoot and Tilt Shift Effect Video

This is from a recent photoshoot!

Just a preview photo, because this one was funny.


Also, see the video, Snow Day in Vancouver!



The footage was taken with the Olympus E-PL1 in the Diorama mode.  This is a time lapsed effect that imitates the miniature view of a tilt shift lens.  The lens used was the 70-200 F/4L Canon lens attached with an adapter.  With the crop factor of 2x, I was able to capture all this footage from the balcony of my Condo.

How it was made:

I recorded the footage from my balcony by simply placing the camera on a tripod and letting it record the scenes.  It was time lapsed, and the frame rate recorded was 15 frames per second.

After the video was recorded, I used Adobe Media Encoder to turn the footage in to mpeg-2 format so I can easily edit it.  Here I converted it to 30 frames per second (there was some rendering issue, this was my only solution for it).  Afterwards, I imported the footage to Adobe Premiere Pro, and cut the footage together.  Each cut corresponds to a different shot I took.  I took each at (slightly) different angles and distances, and used various film cutting techniques to make it look interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Great project! How many images did you take and how did you pot them together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for watching. I add ended the post and put up a more detailed description. If you have more questions, let me know, cheers!

    ReplyDelete