Ask Google

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Entry to DigitalRev TV Contest



This is my entry in to DigitalRev TV's fan contest.

Emma describes the contents of my camera bag.  Then she walk around the streets of Vancouver and does some street photography.

This was a fun short side project that didn't take long to make.  There was no script, and it was a run and gun shoot project with limited time and no crew.  Which is part of the appeal, and contributes to the look of the video.  Taking an afternoon off to do small projects like this really mixes things up.
Watch the followup instructional video, How to Clean your Camera Lens: HERE!

Featured in this video are the following:
Red tamrac bag... of some sort.
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II - For fashion shows.  Runways.  And for taking pictures of birds.
Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 - Indoors and large crowds.  Sometimes on a glidecam.  Landscapes if I have to.
Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye - Clubs.  Parties.  Timelapse of the night sky.

Canon LP-E6 batteries
Transcend 32 gb CF cards

*Emma uses an Olympus E-PL1 that has an adapter that allows her to use my canon mount lenses.

These lenses are what I would take to do a standard run of the mill video shoot where I don't know anything about anything going on.  I described these lenses before.  I also carry a fast lowlight option but it goes in my pocket (canon 50mm 1.8).  Normally I would ask a lot of questions to make sure I bring the least amount of gear possible to finish my job.  More stuff you bring means more stuff you lose when the bag gets stolen, and more likely your stuff will get damaged when someone awkward happens.

And... no I don't carry my camera bag.  I am more likely to stuff my pockets, or carry a belt pouch instead.

To take this video, I used:

Canon 7D
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC
Zoom H4N
Rode VideoMic
Bescor-70

Watch the followup video, How to Clean your Camera Lens: HERE!

I am leaving today to go to New Zealand for another project.  I will update with the equipment I bring there.  Really, I'm still trying to decide...  I'll have the finalized list... once I land there.


No comments:

Post a Comment