Ask Google

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Completely off topic: Firetruck



My building has this issue of setting off the fire alarm every few weeks.  Usually early in the morning or laaate at night.  This time it was at 7am.  I just happened to be sitting around in my suit fiddling with my camera, so when the alarm went off, I got on my way out.

When I got out, I started taking some pictures of the firetruck.  I'm a people photographer, so I was trying to get some guy that was checking out the truck in the frame.  Then some guy came up to me and started talking to me about photography.  His name was Dave, and he told me if I want to get a good shot, I need to get up close and take a particular part of my subject (the car) to make it not obvious as to its nature.  I was taking in a full shot of the truck.  The idea was to take a small part with just enough bits to identify it, but not immediately.

For these photos, I used a Canon 7D and a Sigma 30mm 1.4.  The setting was ISO-100, f/1.4, 1/13s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment